Sunidhi Chauhan is an Indian playback singer well known for her chartbuster songs and has lent her voice in Hindi as well as in various other languages and has worked with almost every top music director of India. She is well known for her superhits songs “Tujhko Na Dekhun” and “Paas Bulati Hai Itna Rulati Hai” from the movie Jaanwar and many more. She has millions of fans today but do you know the real name of Sunidhi Chauhan is Nidhi Chauhan. Let’s check out Sunidhi Chauhan Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More.
Wiki Table of Sunidhi Chauhan
|Real Name||Nidhi Chauhan|
|Nick Name||Sunidhi Chauhan|
|Profession||Singer and Actress|
|Father Name||Dushyant Kumar Chauhan|
|Mother Name||Not Known|
|Sister name||Suneha Chauhan (Younger)|
|Husband/Spouse||Bobby Khan & Hitesh Sonik|
|Children||Son– Tegh Sonik
|Date of Birth||14 August 1983|
|Age (as in 2020)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Greenway Modern School, New Delhi|
|Debut||Singer (Bollywood): “Ladki Deewani Ladka Deewana” of film ‘Shastra’ (1996)
Album (Singer): Aira Gaira Nathu Khaira (1998)
Telugu Film (Singer): Mallika (D) (1999)
Film (Actor, Cameo): Ehsaas: The Feeling (2001)
Pakistani Film (Singer): “Peehu Peehu” from the film ‘Pyar Hi Pyar Mein’ (2002)
Tamil Film (Singer): ‘Kundu Kundu’ from the film “Dhool” (2003)
Kannada Film (Singer): ‘Aeeeyy Aeeyyii’ from the film “Hollywood ” (2003)
Punjabi Film (Singer): ‘Muqabla’ from the film “Pind Di Kudi” (2004)
TV (Judge): Indian Idol Season 5 (2010)
• Filmfare RD Burman Award for the Most Promising Newcomer for her song “Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi” of the film, Mast (1999)
Note: She has many other awards, honors, and achievements to her name.
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Travelling, Shopping, Gyming
Dislikes: Gossips, Controversy.
|Hobbies||Singing, Travelling, Shopping, Driving|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in Feet-Inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 51 Kg
in Pounds- 112 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Rekha, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Musician||Mariah Carey, Beyoncé|
|Favorite Colour(s)||Red, Black, Yellow|
|Favorite Singer||Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Lata Mangeshkar, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Sukhwinder Singh, Shakira|
|Favorite Song||“Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey|
|Boyfriends, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bobby Khan & Hitesh Sonik|
|Husband||First Husband: Bobby Khan (Director/Choreographer; 2002-2003)
Second Husband: Hitesh Sonik (Music Composer)
|Cars||• Maruti Suzuki Ritz
• Honda Accord
• Mitsubishi Pajero
• BMW X5
|Salary||₹ 10-15 lakh/song|
|Net Worth||₹ 75 Crore (10 Million $)|
Some Unknown Facts About Sunidhi Chauhan
- Does Sunidhi Chauhan Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sunidhi Chauhan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sunidhi Chauhan is basically from Uttar Pradesh and she started performing at local functions, gatherings and competitions at the age of 4.
- She was introduced to music by her father and her father even left his job and moved to Mumbai just for her singing career.
- Her father used to play the role of Lord Ram in the annual Ram Lila of Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra in New Delhi.
- Sunidhi Chauhan was noticed by The film actress “Tabassum” while singing in a show in Delhi and she was so impressed by her performance, that she gave her the opportunity to sing live in her show, Tabassum Hit Parade.
- At the age of 8, Sunidhi was very first appeared as the lead singer in music director Kalyanji’s Little Wonders troupe.
- She never had any professional training in singing, but she learned singing by listening to radio and cassettes of popular singers.
- At the age of 11, she started singing English songs as well.
- When she was 13, she released her first music album based on children. After the launch of her first album, she realized her ‘limitations’ and decided to take formal training in music. She was trained in classical music under the mentorship of Gautam Mukherjee.
- In 1996, she was the winner of a singing reality TV show, Meri Aawaz Suno, aired on Doordarshan. The judges of the show were Lata Mangeshkar and Manna Dey. Talking about her experience on the show, Sunidhi says-
When I reached the mega final, Lata ji was sitting right in front of me. Manna Da, Pandit Jasraj ji, Parveen Sultana ji and Yash Chopra ji were there. Before my performance, I was afraid that if I saw her, I would start crying. I sang without looking at her, kept my eyes to the ground. When I was done, I looked straight up into the audience. I was too nervous to look at the judges. When I won, Lataji stood there with a trophy. I cried. She wiped my tears and said in my ears, “Whatever you need, ask me, if you want to learn from anyone, just let me know.””
- In 1996, she made her Bollywood singing debut with the song “Ladki Deewani Ladka Deewana” for the film, Shastra.
- In 1998, she made her album debut with Aira Gaira Nathu Khaira, that album contains 5 tracks, ‘Swapna Paree,’ ‘Govinda Kal Mere Ghar Aaya,’ ‘Jiyo Magar Haske,’ ‘Badra,’ and ‘Chudiyan.’
- Thereafter, she worked as a background vocalist for 2 years.
- In 1999, The famous singer, Sonu Nigam recommended her name to the music director, Sandeep Chowtala for the song “Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi” for the film, Mast, with that song she received huge fame.
- Her second breakthrough was released in 2000, with the song “Mehboob Mere”, for which she received another Filmfare nomination.
- In 2002, Sunidhi met with Bobby Khan, while working on the album, Pehla Nasha after that they married. However, the marriage didn’t long last, and they got separated a year later.
- In 2005, Sunidhi Chauhan, along with sixteen other artists, recorded a song titled ‘Zindagi Pukarti Hai’ to raise funds for the victims of the Indian Ocean earthquake and the Tsunami of 2004.
- She lent her voice for Enrique Iglesias album, Euphoria’s song “Heartbeat,”. This song was included in a special Indian edition of Enrique Iglesias’ album.
- In 2006, at the opening ceremony of the 15th Asian Games in Doha, Qatar, she sang the English song “Reach Out”.
- In the same year, she hosted as a guest Radio Jockey for a Radio City 91.1 FM’s morning show, Musical-E-Azam.
- In 2007, She is hired by Microsoft to sing the Windows Vista song “Wow is Now.”
- She made her cameo and special appearances as an actress in several Bollywood films like ‘Ehsaas: The Feeling’ (2001), ‘Bhoot’ (2003), ‘Hawaa Hawaai’ (2014), and ‘Rangoon’ (2017).
- Sunidhi Chauhan has lent her voice for the role of Jewel for animated films like ‘Rio’ (2011) and for the role of Sita for ‘Sons of Ram’ (2012).
- She has walked the ramp for various fashion designers.
- The legendary singer, Lata Mangeshkar called her the Numero Uno singer of the generation.
- Sunidhi Chauhan is also popularly known as the modern version of Asha Bhosle.
- On 24 April 2012, she got married to “Hitesh Sonik”, her childhood friend and music composer after being in a relationship for more than two years. After marriage, she had put on 20 kg weight and was once getting breathless while performing on stage, and then she joined a gym and started following a strict diet to get back into shape.
- In 2012, She was on the Forbes Celebrity Top 100 list and was also listed in Forbes India’s “Top 5 Celeb 100 Singers and Musicians.”
- In 2013, she was named in the list of FHM India’s “World’s Sexiest Asian Woman” at the twenty-eighth position and was also listed in MensXP’s “Hottest Female Bollywood Lead Singer.”
- Once, she was scheduled to record a song and she even visited Kailash Kher‘s studio to record it. She told the director Ranjeet Gupta and Khalid Kidwai to change some lines in the song, as there were some bold political intonations in the lyrics but they refused to change lines and then, gave that song to Indu Sonali to sing.
- She has also collaborated with the famous Pakistani band ‘Junoon’ and has also sung for several Pakistani films including ‘Armaan’ (2013).
- Sunidhi Chauhan has judged many singing reality TV shows like ‘Indian Idol’ Season 5 & 6 (2010 & 2012), ‘The Voice India’ (2015), ‘The Remix’ (2018), and ‘Dil Hai Hindustani’ Season 2 (2018).
- In 2016, she played the lead role of Priya in a short film ‘Playing Priya’.
- As of 2021, she has sung more than 2500 songs in various languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Nepali, Assamese, and Punjabi.
- She has performed at various singing live shows, charity shows, and events across the world.
- Sunidhi Chauhan lent her voice for John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ music video and the video was created as a part of a global campaign by UNICEF to celebrate the ’25th anniversary Convention on the Rights of Child.’
- According to Sunidhi, her voice suits best on the actresses Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Kajol, Parineeti Chopra, and Urmila Matondkar.
- A rumor had surfaced that the couple had separated. While Hitesh Sonik had refuted the rumors, Sunidhi had said ‘no comments’.
- Throughout her career, she performed mostly item songs and was described in the media as the “queen of item songs”.
- Sunidhi Chauhan, The melodious queen of Bollywood has launched her latest single – ‘Ye Ranjishein’! an independent track after 2 decades.
- It is really impossible to cover all her hits songs collections, but we are trying to cover all her latest collections here, please check out.
Sunidhi Chauhan Hits Collection
These are the latest full information on Sunidhi Chauhan Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Boyfriends, Lifestyle & More. Do share guys this post with your friends and keep visiting us on a2zwiki.com for Indian celebrities’ biographical updates. You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You !.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.